Foundation Certificate in Qigong Part 1
7:00pm 15 March 2024 - 4:30pm 17 March 2024
Venue: Samye Ling
** FULLY BOOKED - WAITLIST ONLY **
New Intake 2024
Dates for year one: 15-17 March, 21-23 June, 8-10 November
This is a TWO year Foundation Certificate in Qigong, the syllabus of which has been structured by Bob Lowey Director of Qigongtauk founded in 2010.
- These courses are very popular and will be closed to the public following registration of participants after the first session in March.
- The course tuition comprises of six sessions (three residential weekends in Samye Ling each year)
- It is important to ensure that you can attend all dates as you will be excluded from completion of the course if you miss one session.
- There will be on-line tests that are required to be completed between sessions over the 2 years and which will accrue points to be added to the overall exam score in session 6.
- The program starts on the Friday evening – 7pm – 9pm, Saturday, 9am – 9pm and Sunday 9am – 4:30 pm.
- Training of the subjects necessary for Qigong competency will be contained in a programme ensuring that no lessons will be shorter than 45 minutes duration throughout the course
- There will be reputable Qigongtauk Teachers visiting and teaching the course during certain sessions.
To place your name on a waitlist in case of cancellations, please send an email to email@example.com
This course contains Qigong topics inclusive of theory and practice taught in order to meet required criteria to provide the participant with the necessary knowledge and skills to teach the subject matter competently.
At the beginning of each session, you will be informed via a syllabus containing lesson times, the nature of each subject, classical Qigong Forms to be taught, background, philosophy, related Traditional Chinese Medical contexts, and history of the visiting Teachers taking the course – all of whom are reputable and proficient in the Art.
Certain lessons will contain practical work that may involve learning with another participant on the Course. The course Teachers will honour anyone that does not wish to work with another participant.
This Qigong Foundation Course is balanced between theoretical and practical instruction with time allocated for revision of study and examination of candidates. That is, an intermediate examination at the end of the 3rd session with the final examination at the end of the 6th session in which the candidate will demonstrate their competence and proficiency in theoretical and practical Qigong.
Please remember to bring with you: Pens, pencils, writing pads, and loose fitting warm clothing.
There is much information on the subject of Qigong available in booksellers and on the Internet.
As a prerequisite, knowledge of anatomy, physiology, basic Traditional Chinese Medicine would be very helpful. Some terminology will be in Mandarin but will be explained in English.
The following books may prove helpful:
The Illustrated Atlas of the Human Body, Beverly McMillan, Weldon Owen Books, ISBN 978-1-74089-648-1
The Way of Qigong - The Art & Science of Chinese Energy Healing, Kenneth S Cohen Ballantine Wellspring Books, ISBN 0-345-42109-4
The Healing Promise of Qi, Roger Jahnke, Contemporary Books, ISBN 0-8092-9528-8
Chinese Medicine, The Web that has no Weaver, Ted J. Kaptchuk, Rider Books, ISBN 0-09-153230-2
The Qigong Bible (Godsfield Bibles), Katherine Allan, available in paperback and Kindle, ISBN-10: 1841814628, ISBN-13: 978-1841814629Tariff and Charges Guest Info