Retreat Caretakers Needed
We are looking for reliable, committed and trustworthy caretakers for the upcoming one year retreat, which is due to begin in October/November this year.
Caretakers are needed for both the Menâ€™s Retreat on Arran and the Womenâ€™s Retreat on Holy Isle.Â The initial commitment is for one year, with a view to continuing for up to four years.
Some information about the role:
- board and lodging will be provided but as with everyone who helps run our centres, the job is voluntary and unpaid;
- it will be useful for applicants to have some handyman skills, to be able to cook if required (though this is not expected to be a regular duty), to have a clean driving licence (for the menâ€™s retreat but not the womenâ€™s);
- duties will involve helping to order and bring supplies to the retreat and handling any needs or requests the retreaters may have;
- the right person will be contented to live in a remote place with minimal social life, will respect the sanctity and privacy of the retreat, and be willing to avoid all but the most essential communication with the retreaters themselves;
- there is likely to be plenty of time available for personal dharma study and practice and the solitude and peace of the retreat is an ideal place for this;
- all candidates will be interviewed by our Abbot, Choje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche.
If you are interested please send an email toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ giving some background information about yourself.