Teaching Level One: Introduction to Teaching Skills - Part One
7:00pm 21 June 2019 - 3:30pm 23 June 2019
Venue: Samye Ling
Once your course place has been confirmed please book your accommodation at Samye Ling by clicking¬†here.
The tutors will be¬†Heather Regan- Addis, Kristine Janson, Jane Negrych and Tina Gilbert.
- This course provides training in the key teaching skills of guiding the core mindfulness practices from the¬†Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC)¬†and leading enquiry.
- This course provides participants with¬†opportunities to lead guided practices and¬†enquiry with fellow participants in a safe¬†environment. Feedback will be provided in¬†weekend two by fellow participants.
- It is designed for those who have completed at¬†least the¬†Mindfulness Level 1 training¬†and is a¬†foundation for those who wish to go on to do¬†the¬†MBLC teaching skills retreat¬†to learn to¬†teach our¬†8 week MBLC course.
- This course takes place over two weekends spread out over a three month period and aims to¬†support participants to begin developing a safe and effective mindfulness teaching practice.
- The course emphasises the requirement for facilitators to be able to embody mindfulness and¬†compassion while facilitating secular mindfulness training courses. The key skill is learning to stay¬†fully present as you lead guided practices and enquiry. This skill depends entirely upon a sustained¬†and regular personal mindfulness practice.
This course will be held over two weekends 21-23 June 2019 and 13-15 September 2019
The weekend begins at 7pm (evening meal at 6pm) on the Friday evening, between 8am and 8pm on Saturday and between 8am and 3.30pm on a Sunday.
Cost:¬†¬£360.00 for two weekends, including manuals, payable in two monthly installments of ¬£180.